Lakeland Personal Injury Lawyer
The victim of a personal injury accident must often grapple with physical injuries, emotional trauma, and financial suffering because of the accident. The victim may be entitled to compensation if the wrongful or negligent conduct of another party played a role in the accident. Lakeland personal injury lawyer Adam Kemp is dedicated to seeking justice for injured victims and making sure that they are fully and fairly compensated for injuries sustained in a Lakeland personal injury accident.
As you may already know, a personal injury accident can cause lasting injuries and trauma as well as financial uncertainty that can impact the entire family. The good news is that under the laws of the State of Florida, an injured victim is entitled to pursue legal action to recover monetary damages from another party whose conduct caused or contributed to a personal injury accident. Monetary damages may include compensation for things such as lost wages, medical and hospital bills, and emotional distress caused by the accident.
A personal injury accident can have a lasting impact on an entire family. Because we understand that, the team at Kemp Personal Injury Law is committed to leaving no stone unturned in the quest to identify and hold accountable the party or parties responsible for a personal injury accident. To us, our clients are part of the family, and we are dedicated to recovering the maximum amount of compensation for their injuries. If you were injured in a Lakeland personal injury accident, let us put our extensive experience, substantial resources, and personal commitment to work for you to ensure that you are compensated for the physical, emotional, and financial devastation you endured because of the accident.
What Is a Lakeland Personal Injury Case?
You likely think of a car crash when you hear the term “personal injury accident” used; however, personal injury accidents include a broad range of “accidents” that result in injuries. The law, in fact, distinguishes between true accidents and injuries caused by the wrongful or negligent conduct of another party. When that conduct caused or contributed to the victim’s injuries, the victim is entitled to pursue compensation from the responsible party. Likewise, a surviving family member is entitled to pursue compensation from an at-fault party when that party’s negligent or wrongful conduct resulted in death. There are three legal bases on which legal liability can be attributed in a personal liability accident, including:
- Negligence. Negligent conduct is the basis for most personal injury accident lawsuits. When claiming negligence on the part of a defendant in a personal injury lawsuit, the injured party must prove four elements, including:
- That the defendant owed a duty of care to the victim.
- That the defendant breached the duty of care.
- That the breach caused injury.
- Intentionally wrongful conduct: When someone’s intentionally wrongful conduct results in injury, that person can be held accountable for the ensuing injuries in a personal injury lawsuit. Assault is the simplest example of intentionally wrongful conduct. While assault can lead to a criminal prosecution, it can also serve as the foundation of a civil lawsuit for damages.
- Strict liability. In some situations, a party can be held legally liable for injuries even without proving negligent or wrongful conduct through a legal concept referred to as “strict liability.” In essence, strict liability only requires an injured victim to show a nexus between the defendant and the injuries. When a defective product causes injury, for instance, the injured victim need only prove that the defendant was part of the “chain of distribution” for the defendant to face liability.
What Are Some Common Examples of Lakeland Personal Injury Accidents?
Any scenario that resulted in injuries and in which negligence, intentionally wrongful conduct, or strict liability can be shown on the part of a defendant may qualify as a Lakeland personal injury accident. While there are virtually a limitless number of possibilities that could lead to a compensable lawsuit for an injured victim, some common personal injury accidents include:
- Wrongful death
- Car accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Premises liability accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Boating accidents
- Defective products
- Construction accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Medical errors
- Nursing home negligence
Common Personal Injury Accident Injuries
Just like there are an infinite number of ways in which a personal injury accident can occur, there are an equally infinite number of injuries that a victim can suffer in such an accident. Injuries can also vary in the level of severity and long-term prognosis. If you were injured in a personal injury accident, a Lakeland personal injury lawyer will ensure that all your injuries are identified and properly treated. We will also make sure that any lasting damage, physical or emotional, is documented so that you receive the maximum compensation for all injuries, including common injuries such as:
- Spinal cord injury
- Internal organ injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Fractured or broken bones
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Mental anguish
- Decreased quality of life
- Nerve damage
- Burn injury
- Lacerations and scarring
What Compensation Might I Receive in My Lakeland Personal Injury Accident Case?
The victim in a Lakeland personal injury accident case may be entitled to both economic and non-economic damages that are intended to compensate the victim for injuries suffered as a result of the accident. Economic damages represent the objective costs and expenses attributable to the accident while non-economic damages represent the subjective injuries sustained in the accident. Collectively, a victim may be compensated for:
- Doctor and hospital bills
- Rehabilitation and therapy expenses
- Past and future lost income or lost earning capacity
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
If you lost a spouse, parent, or child in a fatal personal injury accident, compensation may be awarded for things such as the loss of companionship, care, and support and the loss of future earnings.
Get Reliable, Experienced Legal Help with Your Lakeland Personal Injury Case
Attorney Adam Kemp’s prior experience includes working as both a prosecuting attorney and an associate at one of the largest personal injury firms in America. That invaluable trial experience coupled with his determination to seek justice for injured victims are why injured victims turn to Kemp Personal Injury Law for help when a personal injury accident has left them physically, emotionally, and financially shattered.
If you were injured in a Lakeland personal injury accident, or you lost a family member in one, contact an experienced Lakeland personal injury lawyer at Kemp Injury Law to discuss your legal options. It is our mission to make sure that victims who were injured in a preventable personal injury accident are fully and fairly compensated by the responsible party or parties. Contact the team today for your free initial consultation by calling 863-225-0254 or by filling out our convenient online contact form.